smog develops when carbon emissions react with sunlight, and the problem is not the sunlight. X
is your city on the smog list?
Most polluted cities lung.org
coal-fired power plants
the real problem is we burn dirty coal in outland power plants to produce electricity for the city. However, by burning carbon fuels they produce large amounts of carbon dioxide, which causes climate change.
what's the cause of the smog?
- coal - burning coal to produce electricity
- cars and trucks - motor vehicle exhaust from internal combustion engines
- wood burning - fireplaces, firepits, leaf burning and BBQ restaurants
- industrial emissions - factories and methane emissions (methane venting from fracking)
- fires - forest and agricultural fires
- chemical - solvents